May 12, 2014
Whistler Team Building Weekend
This past weekend the S+F team and significant others, spent the weekend in Whistler, BC. The focus of the weekend was Team Building. Between social gatherings and delicious meals we had some great learning moments. Most would say that the “Amazing Chase” event hosted by Canadian Outback Adventures was the highlight of the trip. Much like the TV show The Amazing Race, the group was split into teams and had to complete challenges, detours and roadblocks in order to complete the race. These included, Random Acts of Kindness for strangers, Obstacle Courses and puzzles all designed to be completed as a team. Some teams decided quickly it would be in their best interest to rent bikes and they pulled ahead of the group in the beginning. Other teams hitch-hiked and eventually passed the teams riding bikes. The two and a half hour race ended back at the Four Seasons where we were staying. In the end, Team Schmidt #1, also known as Gerri’s kids, scored the highest and were awarded the medals of victory. We learned a lot about each other, specifically the ultra-competitive and the quick wittedness of the unsuspecting players. It was an unforgettable weekend!
- The Best Benefits Plan You’ve Never Heard Of
- Want to Work with these Crazy People?
- We’re Hiring!
- Video: Stable Insurance Premiums for Small Business
- Video: The my-benefits® Mobile App
- Video: The Most Popular Employee Benefits in Canada
- Enjoy your Vacation with Peace of Mind
- S+F Giving Back at Christmas
- Brad on Joytv!
- S+F’s Annual Family Christmas Party