January 14, 2015
The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) now requires that taxes be withheld on disability benefits in cases where the employer pays all or part of the premium. Starting January 2015 if the employer pays all or part of the premium, taxes will be deducted on disability benefits paid to employees. In the long run, the insured … + Read More
December 1, 2013
AD&D and Critical Illness Coverage The 2012 Federal Budget introduced legislation which will result in a taxable benefit to employees for certain employer-paid premiums under group insurance plans. This change will treat Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) and Critical Illness premium on the same basis as employer-paid group Life insurance and Dependent Life premium. Effective … + Read More
- New my-benefits App!
- Beneficiaries- What’s in a name?
- Sun Life has Photo Submission!
- New Long Term Disability Options
- CRA Guidelines for the Taxation of Disability Benefits
- Summer is Right Around the Corner!
- Practitioners Can Bill the Chambers Plan Directly!
- New Chambers Plan Certificate Numbers
- Chambers Plan Adds Business Assistance Services
- Tax Changes for 2013