June 25, 2015
E-Claims comes to the Chambers Plan!
The Chambers Plan has recently added this convenient way of submitting Health and Dental claims. You may now log onto my-benefits and look for the Submit Claims tab.
Claims are submitted in just a few simple steps:
- Read and agree to the “Terms and Conditions” and select the patient who used the services.
- Select the service or product supplied.
- Select a provider (dentist, optician, chiropractor, etc.).
- Enter the service date, amount charged by the provider, and attach an electronic copy of the original receipt (jpeg, jpg, pdf, gif) or an Explanation of Benefits statement if another plan has already paid a portion of the expense.
- Read and agree to the “Authorization” and indicate if the claim should be paid to the insured or the service provider.
Insureds will receive an email notice when their Explanation of Benefits has been prepared. They can view the status of any claim, at any time under the Claims History tab.
Click on Submit Another Claim to repeat the process. A new submission is required for each claim receipt.
Individuals are required to be signed up for direct deposit of claim payments and those not signed up with be prompted towards the Direct Deposit tab to provide us with their banking information. Please note that Prescription Drugs and Travel Health claims will continue to require the use of the pay-direct drug card at the pharmacy or submit the claims using the paper claim forms.
If you have not yet registered for my-benefits, it is easy to do so. Visit: www.my-benefits.ca, click on ‘Sign me up’ and follow the instructions.
Just a friendly reminder – Extended Health and Dental claims must be submitted within 12 months of the date of service.
- We’re Hiring!
- Video: Stable Insurance Premiums for Small Business
- Video: The my-benefits® Mobile App
- Video: The Most Popular Employee Benefits in Canada
- Enjoy your Vacation with Peace of Mind
- S+F Giving Back at Christmas
- Brad on Joytv!
- S+F’s Annual Family Christmas Party
- A Very Ugly Christmas Party
- Some Special Birthdays